Effective Date: February 1, 2022
BlockWorks Advisors, LLC (“Blockworks”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.blockworks.co (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”):
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Account password
- Shipping or billing address
- Payment information
- Preferred time zone
- Social media handles
- Other information that you may provide when communicating with us
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data is collected automatically either by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself, and includes your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
Blockworks uses data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (including through our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials). You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us
- To comply with any applicable legal obligations, and to protect and defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users or others
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it here. You may have other rights attached to your local jurisdiction if outside the United States.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
If Blockworks is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset sale, bankruptcy or other business transaction, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Blockworks may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Blockworks may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the Service, the rights or property of Blockworks
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety and rights of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Blockworks may also disclose your Personal Data to provide, maintain and improve the Service, which may involve us disclosing information to Service Providers (as defined and described further below), in connection with our receipt of professional services, and otherwise with your consent or direction.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. Such Service Providers may be located in a jurisdiction other than Blockworks.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Google AdWords
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ad Settings.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms.
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
You can opt-out from Twitter’s interest-based ads by following their instructions for privacy controls for personalized ads.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
Some of the above listed organizations adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt-out from participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.