- Kofinas also talked about the rise of China and what conflict looks like today when it comes to cyber security and cryptocurrency
- “The central banks are there to refinance the existing credit and keep the system going. The question is how long can they sustain it and what is the political and social fallout of that,” Kofinas said
In this video, Demetri Kofinas, analyst and host of the Hidden Forces podcast, sat down with Blockworks at Bretton Woods: The Realignment conference, after he hosted a fireside chat focused on the withdrawal of the US as leader of the global economy, and the overuse of sanctions.
In the interview below, Kofinas covered themes from his panel and also talked about:
- The rise of China
- How the changes of global order has penetrated the public debate
- The influence of the petrodollar
- US-based credit obligations
- The global credit crunch
Watch the full interview with Kofinas below.